I always say, “Style Is A State Of Mind.” Style is beyond age, size and culture. It’s a harmonious energy expressed through your clothing, footwear and accessories. For some, style is intuitive and artistic, but for others, it’s something that is not obvious, but it can be learned (in the Style Club For Women!).
I want to wish you a stylish and happy 2019 filled with health, happiness and fun fashion adventures. And, in keeping with new year reflections, here are some thoughts on style…
- Don’t compare yourself to others. Focus on being the best version of yourself.
- Do learn your best colors and wear them every day – especially close to your face!
- Don’t take the emotion out of your style choices. The more you dress in harmony with your personality, the better you’ll feel about yourself. Do pay attention to how you feel in an outfit.
- Do learn your body shape and determine the look you want to create with clothes. Then you’ll know how to create visual harmony.
- Don’t worry about dressing on trend all the time. Your signature style is what’s most important. If a 20-year-old piece still makes you happy and looks great on you, mix it with something current, and enjoy.
- Do remember there is no one size, age, or way to be stylish. Think of your body as a work of art and clothing as an art form that is in the eye of the beholder.
- Don’t save wardrobe items for special occasions. Mixing dressy with everyday wear keeps it interesting.
- Do celebrate your body because it’s an incredible gift that deserves daily care and praise at any size and age.
- Don’t wait to reach a goal weight, and do dress the body you have right now.
- Do have fun with fashion – don’t take it too seriously. Experiment, laugh a lot, and learn from each outfit. Fashion can build amazing social communities like the Style Club For Women, where you get professional style advice, meet and shop with friends, all while building a beautiful wardrobe.
What are your thoughts about style, your body, and how you feel about fashion as it pertains to your life after fifty?
One of the things that I was happy to learn when taking the color course was that you don’t have to get rid of clothing that you love but that isn’t in your color palette. I had a light denim shirt that I loved, but the color isn’t in my (Winter) palette. I added a bright colored scarf and I looked a thousand times better. My face looked so much brighter!! It’s these little tips and tricks that I’ve learned being in the group that have made a difference. I really thought I was going to have to buy an entirely new wardrobe when I joined, but I was totally wrong. I’m sure my husband is VERY happy about that…
I am thrilled to be here to learn to try. I am seeing my clothes through different eyes, I have more than I thought I did. Exciting to put outfits together that I didn’t even realize were in my closet honest. To me they were clothes I liked when I bought them but lots I hardly ever wore. Linda on Q&A you mention me to get get fitted coat. Guess what is in my closet? 3 fitted jackets! I have noticed my confidence is so much better and I am loving my body now. Just not giving myself negative comments.
I have an apple shape and happy how I am covering it. I have always liked fashion dressing the best I could but not sure where that came from. I know I was admired how I dressed in our little town Age has no part of how I dress never want to dress like “an old lady.”
Please leave your thoughts here. I hope you can leave a comment here! Let’s have a conversation! Linda